Friday, August 20, 2010

Didn't Yahoo provide a free anti-virus download before?

I thought that Yahoo provided a free anti-virus/anti-spyware/etc download before and now I can't find it. Am I wrong or have they just stopped doing that?



Didn't Yahoo provide a free anti-virus download before?nortonantivirus



Not that I can recall - if it was it would probably have been resource hungry, with an annoyingly non-standard user interface and littered with bugs. Why not just use AVG/Sygate etc?



Didn't Yahoo provide a free anti-virus download before?spyware



Yes, if you were a SBC Yahoo customer it came with it free. I have been on cable now for a year or so and my stuff is still working on my computer. It does show that the antivirus is not running but when i do a check it works.
I use the free = Avast = 4 Home Edition - Free antivirus software - free virus protection for home PC: - full-featured antivirus package designed for home usage.(FREE) = http://www.avast.com and really like it as it has always kept me safe from virus, worms, trojans, etc.,



An important thing to keep in mind, regardless of which anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware and firewall you use



( http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security... ) is to keep it UPDATED, just as it is important to make sure you have all windows critical and security updates +

No comments:

Post a Comment