Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you heard of security shield anti virus?

Last week i got rid of my norton internet security 07, as i havent been happy with it for a while now, i purchased one called securtiy shield 2008 and after its first scan it found 82 trojans and viruses hiding in the system restore information folder (which said it was empty), has anyone else heard of or tried this anti virus before and what do you think.



Thanks



Have you heard of security shield anti virus?norton internet security 2008



No, %26 I suspect because it's pay as you go it will continue to find lots %26 lots of reasons for you to keep paying for it.



AVG is free. %26 you can get a second opinion by using the free scan %26 removal online tool at trendmicro.com called housecall. I have been using avg for yrs %26 never had a problem.



Have you heard of security shield anti virus?spyware removal



PC Security shield is a copy of F-Secure Internet Security, but without direct support from F-Secure. F-Secure itself makes a product comparable in quality to Norton, though IMHO a bit more reliable. Since PC Security Shield essentially just puts its own branding on F-Secure, I expect it will perform as well as F-Secure.
Good move getting rid of Norton internet security, I did too.



A Google search on Security shield 2008 shows it has no reputation with the major outlets. I wouldn't trust it.



I have been using the free but highly recommended: Zonealarm firewall, Antivir antivirus, AdAware, Spybot, and AVG Antispyware.



Between them they have kept my 2 computers completely free of malware.



All of the above have a very good, solid reputation in computer magazine reviews.



As you can see, I scan with more than one anti-spyware. No one anti-spyware is 100% all of the time.



I do Internet banking, so am very careful about security - paranoid? - probably.



Peace of mind? Very high !

No comments:

Post a Comment