Friday, August 20, 2010

I have AT&T online protection , Can I download another Anti-virus program or will they clash?

I have AT%26T online protection (Yahoo-SBC) It doesn't seem to work well at all.I asked a question earlier this week about free anti-virus, anti-spy downloads and got some good answers.



My question now is...I downloaded AVG anti-virus and anti-spy plus Ad-Aware SE.and it doesn't seem to make a difference in my computers performance.It's still really bad....are they interfering with each other and what should i do next to try and solve this issue?



I have AT%26T online protection , Can I download another Anti-virus program or will they clash?norton ghost



Don't use two anti-virus programs on your computer at once as that has been know you cause problems. Get rid of one of the programs and just stick with one (I recommend sticking with AVG. I use it and it has preformed better that Norton, Trend Micro, etc.)



And it sounds like you may have viruses and/or spyware on your computer. Run a virus scan and a spyware scan. This is a good one to scan for spyware: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Pers...



Also, with spyware scanners, pop-up blockers, etc., it's safe to have more that one of each on your computer. In fact, it's a good idea, as having more that one increases you chances of dectecting spyware and all that junk. I also recommend using Windows Defender: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security... with Adaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment