Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Im having trouble installing some anti-virus software?

i have mcafee and spy sweeper as my anti-virus programs. they work great together sort of , but i mostly use spy sweeper. mcafee is getting annoying because its super slow so im planning to uninstall it. before i did that, i download kaspersky antivirus 6.0. i installed it and rebooted my computer. i logged in, and went into the startup and after a mintue or two, my laptop wouldnt let me do anything. basically everything was frozen. it took me 2 hours to fix it, because i kept trying to do system restore, when i shouldve done safe mode first, and then system restore. ANYWHO, my laptop is fine now. now im wondering if the freezing thing was due to mcafee or spy sweeper being on my laptop. should i uninstall mcafee and then download kaspersky and then will my pc work? plz be certain. thank you in advance.



Im having trouble installing some anti-virus software?internet



Never install and run two anti-virus programs. (Spy Sweeper is a spyware protection program, not an anti-virus program. You can use many spyware protection programs.) Two active anti-virus programs will see each other as viruses and attempt to clean each other out--and at best freeze your computer. (The one time I did this, it crashed mine, and I was eight hours restoring it.)



So, uninstall (and delete) the one you do not want BEFORE you install the other one.



Im having trouble installing some anti-virus software?network

No comments:

Post a Comment